Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. 
Proverbs 16:18

The Right Shoe


Shoes are good for protection from the parching ground or freezing snow.  Shoes are also symbolic of status and position in a given situation.  Shoes vary in size, style, fit and type of shoe for a particular occasion. Shoes can make or break an outfit.  For shoes to match it is a fashion norm .  For shoes to fit properly it is a comfort of life. An old cliche says "if the shoe fits wear it."
I remember so clearly one day at work strolling down the hallway on my way to the bathroom I kept hearing an unusual rhythm in my steps of click, clack, and clack click.  I felt a short step, deep step, short step, deep step, but I just kept walking until finally the unusual rhythm caused me to look down at my feet.  Yes!  You already know. When I looked down I had on mixed match boots.  One dark midnight blue colored boot and one black boot with one heel a tad higher than the other.  When I got back to my classroom I could hear a student trying to point out my mix matched shoes to another student.  What did I do?  I just kept holding my head up directing the lesson upward with my hands held high writing on the board, to draw the other student’s attention away from my mix matched shoes. The shoes fit me well, but they did not match the outfit that I had worn that day.  We make spectacles of ourselves when we station ourselves in positions to wear shoes that don't match our God given call; it is like wearing the wrong shoes, the wrong fit, the wrong size, to big, or to small.
In this life we have a myriad of shoes to choose from: dress shoes, casual shoes, house shoes, dance shoes, athletic shoes, safety shoes, etc. One type shoes that carries a great precaution is the high heel shoe. The high heel shoe is known to cause back problems, and foot problems.  As it is in the natural so it is in the spiritual, shoes that are too high can cause serious problems.  Often we see people stepping it off, prancing, stride by stride, wearing high shoes that give a feeling prideful and TALL. Stylish, chic, glamorous shoes of status can easily promote lost of life’s balance.  Wearing shoes that are too high can lift a person up to be positioned loftily on uneven playing field, with an aerial view  haughtily looking down on others.  Each step is pronounced with pomp, and pride, but oop’s watch your step, because wearing shoes that are too BIG and too high for you can make you stumble and fall.  Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.  Proverbs 16:18
 
 Tips for positioning your foot in the right shoes:

1.   Don't take on positions (shoes) just because they are pleasing to the eye.  Try it on for size and count up the cost.
 2.  Don't criticize others unless you have walked a mile in their shoes.  You really don’t know how their shoes feel.  You can only see how they look.
 3.   In your God given shoes: See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, Ephesians 5:15

No comments:

Post a Comment